The building owner is a farmer in the Appleton City, MO area, and the primary use of this building is to service and repair equipment as well as serve as agricultural equipment storage. The insulated shop area is 80’ x 75’ with the remaining non-insulated 80’ x 75’ being used for storage. The Straton Munsterman project was built with thoughtful features to maximize its use and convenience for the facility.
The shop has full wall and ceiling liner panel with the ceiling containing a perforated metal panel to help with sound deadening. The shop area is heated with a radiant floor system. We installed 2 large windows in the west endwall to let in significant natural light. The front sidewall has a 4’ eave extension. Even though the building has gutters and downspouts, this extension adds extra weather protection. Additionally, large fan helps keep air moving efficiently in the summer.
The cold storage area of the building has a full footing and curb wall to keep out varmints and provide a good weather tight seal. Also, extra steps were taken to ensure the insulated partition wall is totally sealed off from cold storage area.
Scope of Work
Koehn Building Systems provided the following services for this project:
- Project drawings and restroom layout for plumbing details
- Concrete services
- Overhead doors
- Radiant barrier pex tubing for the heat in the floor system
- Restroom framing and finish and rough-in plumbing
Project Specifications and Products Used
Pre-engineered Metal Building
- 80’ x 150’ x 19’
- 2:12 roof slope
- 4’ eave extension on front sidewall
- 26’ x 16’ overhead door, insulated, roof pitched, door has 6 - 24’’ x 6’’ insulated windows
- 24’ x 16’ overhead doors, non-insulated, roof pitched track, with 6 - 24’’ x 6’’ insulated windows
- 12’ x 10’ overhead door, insulated, with 72’’ of high lift and roof pitched, 3 - 24’’ x 6’’ insulated windows
- 60/30 Andersen 100 series fixed windows
- 30/70 entry doors with dead bolt and auto closures
- 4’’ blanket insulation in roof and walls
- Foundation, piers, slab, curb wall
- 80’ x 75’ x 6’’ slab in insulated shop area
- Footing and curb wall in cold storage area
Appleton City, MO
Start Your Next Construction Project with Koehn Building Systems
If you want to learn more about working with our construction company or are ready to get a quote, we encourage you to reach out to us by calling us at 417-395-4305 or by filling out our contact form online. We promise to reach back out as soon as possible, and the majority of quotes are delivered within 1-2 weeks of our initial project scope conversation. We appreciate the opportunity of working with you and look forward to hearing from you soon.