Evans Pipe and Steel
Evans Pipe & Steel had outgrown their existing facility inside the city limits of Clinton. As a result, they purchased a large new property along Hwy 7 which would serve as the much-needed room for expansion. Koehn Building Systems provided project drawings and design services.
As discussion started with the owner, several critical requirements quickly became apparent including the following:
- Provide significant square footage for the main building.
- Implement large, easily accessible doors on each end of the structure.
- Keep the work and inventory areas separate with a partition wall in the center of building.
- Create an offset office building to keep access to the large hydraulic door on the front of the building and still be able to have an overhead in the back wall of office to bring in Ranch Hand bumpers and other larger items into the showroom.
Higher Power hydraulic doors were selected as the best way to get the large door openings this project required. These doors have optional remotes so the ease of driving up and opening without getting out is very convenient.
Since steel and welding is what Evans Pipe and Steel provides its customers, we wrapped the main column and rafter in the office building with diamond plate, installed a black metal ceiling, and implemented a custom-built counter.
Project Specifications and Products Used
Pre-engineered Metal Buildings
- 100’ x 200’ x 20’
- 2:12 Roof Slope
- Standard 26 Gauge PBR wall and roof panels
- Full perimeter wainscot
- 8’ liner panel
- Full height partition wall at 100’
- 2 - 38’ x 18’ Higher Power hydraulic doors (1 centered in each endwall)
- 50’ x 50’ x 12’
- 2:12 Roof slope
- With 6’ x 50’ below eave canopy with PBR soffit panel
- Full perimeter wainscot
- Kawneer windows and storefront entry system, clear anodized aluminum finish, 1’’ tinted insulated glass, Low-E tempered glass
- 3’’ blanket insulation in the roof & walls
- Framing and finish for 3 offices, restroom, and break room
- Additional insulation added in all exterior walls
- Black M-loc ceiling metal in show room area
- Wrap column and rafter with custom bent diamond tread material
- Drywall hang and finish
- T&G car siding wainscot and trim on office walls and show room
Start Your Next Construction Project with Koehn Building Systems
If you want to learn more about working with our construction company or are ready to get a quote, we encourage you to reach out to us by calling us at 417-395-4305 or by filling out our contact form online. We promise to reach back out as soon as possible, and the majority of quotes are delivered within 1-2 weeks of our initial project scope conversation. We appreciate the opportunity of working with you and look forward to hearing from you soon.