Cox Motors has served customers from their location in the small rural town of Pleasanton, KS since 1946. With the longevity of their business, there are certainly lots of changes that happen over time. Eventually the main road no longer went by the dealership, so the owner purchased highway frontage property with easy access via the main exit to Pleasanton.
This project was somewhat unique as we worked closely with another general contractor for the duration of the project. Our team provided early conceptual drawings and design, all the way to the final drawings in-house which were approved by Ford Motor Company. Due to our ability to provide CAD drawings in-house, we were able to capture substantial cost-savings for the owner.
Our team thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the Cox Motors project. Like many of our projects, the leg work of getting the design right and details planned early on made the construction process very simple.
Project Specifications and Products Used
- 16’’ x 36’’ full perimeter frost footing and piers at all rigid frame columns
- 11 mil vapor barrier under slab
- 6’’ slab thickness on Building A and 5’’ on Building B
- Pre-sloped trench drains
- Concrete placement with laser equipment
Pre-engineered Metal Buildings
- 105’ x 100’ x 18’
- 1:12 Roof Slope
- 24 gauge Doublelock Standing seam metal roof
- Standard 26 gauge PBR wall panels on shop building
- Full height 26 gauge M-loc metal liner panel in shop area
- Metal stud interior partition wall
- Commercial 18 gauge pre-assembled entry doors
- 72’ x 45’ x 14’
- 1:12 Roof slope
- 2 Horizontal wall panels, Kynar finish
- 4’’ blanket insulation in the walls
- R-35 Simple Saver roof insulation system
Start Your Next Construction Project with Koehn Building Systems
If you want to learn more about working with our construction company or are ready to get a quote, we encourage you to reach out to us by calling us at 417-395-4305 or by filling out our contact form online. We promise to reach back out as soon as possible, and the majority of quotes are delivered within 1-2 weeks of our initial project scope conversation. We appreciate the opportunity of working with you and look forward to hearing from you soon.